|Membership is open to everyone interested in supporting the history of Dorset, its environs and its people. The Society is expanding its collections, its programs, and its role in the community. Historical and genealogical research, preserving artifacts, increasing the number of exhibits, upgrading technical equipment and supplies and maintaining staffall cost money. Tax-deductible memberships and contributions are the lifeblood of DHS. Members' participation makes a huge difference in the work and programs of the Society. Other benefits of membership include: |
- Tax deduction for contributions to DHS, a not-for-profit organization
- Invitation to exhibit openings
- Reduced prices on DHS Gift Shop items
- Reduced rates on DHS programs that carry fees
Volunteers are the backbone of the Dorset Historical Society. They range in age from high school students to senior citizens and include anyone with an interest in history and a desire to preserve and share it.
A partial list of possibilities include:
- Museum guides
- Field trip guides
- Data entry
- Developing or helping with Special Events
- Working on collections with the curator
- Managing the Gift Shop
- Service on a committee - public relations, building and grounds, planning and development, collections, etc.
Sculptors Karen Preissler (l) and Rosalind Compain (r) at Marble Day Event - July, 2008
Volunteer, Art Gilbert, entering data.
Click here for Membership Application
Dorset Historical Society
Member of Vermont Historical Society and
The New England Museum Association
PO Box 52 ·
Route 30 at Kent Hill Road
Dorset, VT 05251 USA ·
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 10-4 p.m.
Saturday, 10-2 p.m.
Other days and times by appointment
Collection Notebook |
Ongoing Exhibits |
Current Exhibits |
History of Dorset
Gift Shop |